RHS Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture Level 2 – all 8 subjects passed with distinction (commendation)
- Lawns, bedding, herbaceous perennials, roses, shrubs, trees, alpines, aquatic plants
- Garden planning
- Plant health, pests, diseases, weeds, disorders
- Nutrition and soils
- Fruit & vegetables
- Vegetative propagation & sowing from seed
- Protected structures, indoor plants
Every aspect of the garden services provided by TW1 Gardening is based on tried and tested horticultural practices.
Other studies and learning routes
- Regular site visits to see how world-class spaces such as RHS Wisley plant and maintain their gardens
- Plant and garden research at RHS Chelsea Flower Show to gain knowledge from the world’s leading plantsmen and women and premier horticulturalists
- Regular reading of garden literature such as RHS The Garden to keep abreast of the latest plant cultivars, treatment of pests and diseases and guidance on garden technique for specific tasks
- Garden History Study Days (Birkbeck Garden History Group)
Every garden that we visit, show that we attend and article we read helps TW1 Gardening to further improve and develop your garden – the goal is always to create a beautiful, thriving outdoor space for you and your family to enjoy.
All team members are qualified to at least Level 2 Certificate or Diploma level and most have significant experience beyond L2, including Level 3 combined with experience working at major gardens such as Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, RHS Garden Wisley and Osterley Park.